Saturday 27 February 2010

Tower Defence Update

Firstly let me apologise for my lack of updates, I have been pretty swamped thinking about my project and working on my code lately. I kept coming to write an update but didn't feel like I had anything particularly great to talk about so I decided against it.

I thought now was as good a time as any as I feel as though I am finally making some head way on my project. I now have a game that two people can actually play in competition with one another. That might not sound like much, but now the game can actually be played I can start thinking about balancing all the variables I have carefully crafted into the game. Things such as wave speed and number, tower fire rate and damage, and resource costs can start being honed so as to create a well balanced and enjoyable experience. There is also the matter of polish with regard to the user interface and graphics that will go some way to increasing the visual appeal of the game itself.

I will try and post some screen shots of what I have soon so you can have a look at it, hopefully it will change more and more in the coming weeks and months.

No comments: